- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 4 slices crusty bread, toasted and cooled
- 1 pkg (185 g) PRÉSIDENT Spreadable Brie
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) arugula
- 4 smalltomatoes (Compari), sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400° F (200°C).
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a rack on top.
3. Lay bacon slices on rack. Sprinkle the sugar onto the bacon so it is evenly coated.
4. Bake bacon for 18 to 23 minutes until dark golden. Set bacon rack over paper towels to cool. Cut each slice into thirds.
5. Spread cheese on toast slices, dividing evenly.
6. Top with arugula, tomato slices and bacon.
7. Sprinkle black pepper on top.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 23 minutes
Makes 4 sandwiches
- Prepare bacon up to 3 days ahead. You’ll want to make extra as it will disappear quickly.
- Add a top slice of toasted bread for a heartier sandwich.