- 12 thin slices of baguette, cut on an angle
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tub of PRÉSIDENT Spreadable Brie
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Balsamic reduction, store bought or homemade (recipe follows), as needed
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pinch salt and pepper
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small sauce pot over medium heat.
2. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce by half.
3. Cool and store in the fridge until ready to use.
1. For the toasts (crostini): Preheat your oven to 375F.
2. Arrange the slices of baguette in a single layer on a cookie sheet and brush or drizzle each side with some extra virgin olive oil.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once, or until toasts are golden and crisp.
4. To assemble the crostini, spread 2 teaspoons (or more if you’re like me!) of PRÉSIDENT Spreadable Brie onto each toast and top with around 2 teaspoons of roasted red pepper and 1-2 thin slices of pear.
5. Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle honey and balsamic reduction over the crostini and finish with a bit of fresh cracked black pepper.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
BAKING TIME: 15 Minutes
MAKES: 12 Crostinis