- 20 baguette slices (about 1/2-inch/1 cm thick)
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 pkg (185 g) PRÉSIDENT Spreadable Feta
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olive tapenade
- Small basil leaves to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches (10 cm) from heat.
2. Lightly brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
3. Place under preheated broiler and toast until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
4. In a small bowl, mix cheese and lemon zest.
5. Spread about 1 tsp (5 mL) tapenade on each toast slice. Top with about 2 tsp (10 mL) cheese mixture.
6. Garnish with basil and sprinkle a little black pepper on top.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Broiling Time: 4 minutes
Makes: 20 crostini
Tip: Add some zip with a few drops of hot sauce in the cheese mixture.