- 1 English cucumber
- 1 pkg (185 g) PRÉSIDENT Spreadable Feta
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Garnish red pepper strips, grape tomato halves, black olive pieces, sundried tomato strips, fresh dill
1. Using a vegetable peeler, create stripes on the outside of the cucumber by peeling along its length leaving space between each. Cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) pieces.
2. Use a melon baller to scoop out center of each slice leaving a solid base.
3. In a small bowl, mix cheese, dill and black pepper. Put into a piping bag with a large star tube.
4. Pipe mixture into center of cucumbers.
5. Place a garnish into the cheese and add a sprig of dill.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 16 cucumber bites
- The stripes on the outside of the cucumber are attractive but can be omitted for simplicity. You can leave the cucumber unpeeled or peel it completely.
- Use 1 type of garnish or a variety.
- The cheese mixture can be spooned into the cucumber rather than piped.