- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground lamb
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) chopped fresh oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 (6-inch/15 cm) pitas with pockets
- 1 (185 g) pkg PRÉSIDENT Spreadable Feta
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded romaine lettuce
1. In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat sauté lamb, onion and garlic, breaking up meat with a spoon, for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease if necessary. Stir in tomatoes, olives and oregano. Cook 5 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Cut each pita in half to make 2 pockets. Spread cheese equally in each piece. Fill pockets with meat mixture and lettuce.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings