- 5-6 small roasted beets (red and golden)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup, divided
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Président Crumbled Feta
1. Peel your roasted beets, then slice them into wedges and set aside.
2. Place the walnuts in a small skillet and toast over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Pour 1/4 cup maple syrup over the walnuts and bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Let the syrup boil for 1-2 minutes over medium, stirring frequently, till most of the liquid evaporates.
5. Pour the walnuts immediately onto a piece of parchment or wax paper. Spread them out with a spoon into a single layer. Let them cool and dry out.
6. Clean your Arugula, pat dry.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and lemon juice. Whisking briskly, drizzle the olive oil very slowly into the mixture till the dressing is emulsified and thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the roasted beat wedges and Président Crumbled Feta to the salad.
9. Sprinkle the walnuts over the top of the salad and serve.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes