- 2 large sweet potatoes (each about 1 lb), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Plus® Granola
Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Season sweet potato with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Place cut side down on prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until fork tender.
Meanwhile, heat butter in small skillet set over medium low heat. Add shallot, garlic, sage and allspice. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is soft.
Scoop out flesh from halves into a bowl, leaving about 1/2-inch layer inside skins. Set skins aside. Mash sweet potatoes with garlic mixture, maple syrup, remaining salt and cayenne pepper, if using. Spoon filling back into skins and top each evenly with Parmesan cheese and granola.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until warmed through.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Makes: 4 servings